Jeffrey Campbell, Senso and Camilla Skovgaard available at Doll Boutique

Saturday 7 May 2011

Are Shoe Talking To Me?

I'm going to be honest, there are alot of things that tend to 'grind my gears'. So much so that initally, at the suggestion of a friend, this blog was going to be called 'Confessions of an Angry Spaniard'. However, I don't want to focus on my sometimes bordering irrational pet peeves because after all everything has to be consumed in moderation. Except for shoes. I live for shoes. The reaction I get when I see a beautiful pair of ankle boots, platforms, wedges, court shoes, stilettos, is always the same. My mouth waters and I get a desperate unstable feeling that if I dont own that pair of shoes infront of me, my life will never be as good as it should be. Obviously I get over it after 10 minutes. I'm lying. The sad thing is, I don't get over it.

Which brings me back to the ranting section of this whole thing. Today I wasted approximately 4 minutes of my life which I will never get back watching Lady GaGa's new video- Judas. Just....why GaGa...why? Is she serious? I read an interview in which, and I'm not elaborating for any sort of effect, she actually said: "I'm so inspired. Sometimes when I'm falling asleep I have these visions." ARE YOU TAKING THE PISS?! 'visions' yes idiot. They are what are commonly known as DREAMS when you're not high on crack. Jesus. It aggrivates me so much that a hardcore drug dependency is now considered tortured genius.

As my Padre pointed out to me a few years ago, I'm prone to an obsession/addiction or two. Enrique Iglesias, the Cosa Nostra, SHOES. When I lived at home my parents lived in fear of seeing what 'horrific death traps' I would walk out of the house in on a Friday night. I wish they would have made more of an effort shouting at me about the clothes (t-shirt dresses...yeah I know). Anyway, this is the shoe it all began with, my first purchase of a 'statement shoe' at 16. And the rest, as they say, is history.

No comments:

Post a Comment