Jeffrey Campbell, Senso and Camilla Skovgaard available at Doll Boutique

Monday 9 May 2011

Flats What I Love About You

At little over 5"6 I have a devoted relationship to 'killer heels' as my friends like to put it. No doubt by the time I'm 30 this relationship will have turned resentful and crippling but for now I'm still enjoying the honeymoon period. I say 'enjoying', the one verb which never comes to mind the morning after the night before is 'enjoy'. I have never been so genuinely terrified as one mid day when I woke up after 8 hours of dancing in 6 inch heels and thought I had permanently crippled myself. Obviously after such a night out there's only one place you're leaving your room for- McDonalds. Don't judge me. You've done, I've done it, we've all done it. The only thing thats going to get the mental image of tequila shots out of your head is a Big Mac or in my case, chicken nuggets. After the recovery process, there's still no way in holy hell you are putting anything higher than 0.00000005mm on you're tortured feet, and this is when you and I turn to the beautiful things that are, ballet slippers. Ballet slippers, pumps, flats, whatever you call them, you cherish them. They're the only thing that are going to get you through a full day in Oxford Circus and like a faithful friend, wont leave you at the bitter end even when they're falling apart.


Alexander McQueen's beige leather ballerina flats with gold stud embellishment warm my heart. Team these with the Burberry Prorsum leather trimmed Trench coat and you can do no wrong.


Taupe and black satin ballerina flats with silver metal bow embellishment from Giambattista Valli.


The Carvela collection from Kurt Geiger never fails to bring it to the table. Larry by Carvela is a classic leather ballet pump with metallic stud detailing across the toe cap, heel and bow.


The iconic, timeless ballet pump from Chanel. Proof that if it's not broken, don't fix it.

No comments:

Post a Comment