Jeffrey Campbell, Senso and Camilla Skovgaard available at Doll Boutique

Wednesday 25 May 2011

Is That Welly Necessary?

Without doubt my best summer to date was spent at Reading Festival. We all know the standard festival uniform; Wellies, denim shorts (now high-waisted) and a Parka thanks to the inevitable British summer. I though, being a festival noob and all around pleb decided I was not going to wear my wellies but instead my leather boots with a 3 inch heel. By my usual standards, that's childs play. The weather was nice, I was in love with my boots, I was going to wear them and no one was going to stop me. But then something did stop me, not a person, a field. A dry dusty enormous field which became my best friend for 3 days. I have said that dancing all night has left me nearly crippled, that was nothing compared to the pain I felt after 14 hours stood in a field as even as Lindsey Lohan's tan.

Then I finally understood why wellies are the law at festivals, because you have to be super-human to cope in anything else. I'll be honest, part of me refused to wear them on principle. I don't have a mass of highlighted hair all swept over to one side, or spend a stupidly long time making my hair look like I've just got out of bed to pair with the pair of Hunters I bought to wear to the 'raves' in my friends field. So I was faced with a decision, try to maintain some moral crusade resulting in a life of orthopedic boots, or join the Hunter's brigade. If you can't beat 'em join 'em. And I did, in a borrowed paired of pink polka dot wellies. Rock.and.Roll.

If by some twist of fate -which is as likely as me being crowned Kim Kardashian look-a-like of the year- I manage to get to a festival this year, I hope to God it will be in a pair of these:






No comments:

Post a Comment